The construction of the Church of São Pedro, in 1230, was built on part of the second Islamic wall, from which an tower took advantage, at an uncertain date, to implant its bell tower. He was head of commendation of the Order of Christ and seat of the Brotherhood of “São Pedro dos Clérigos” created by D. António de Matos de Noronha, second Bishop of the city. In the century. XV was rebuilt, undergoing further remodeling in the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries that made it possible today to observe its primitive aspect only the Roman-Gothic portal. This portal makes it one of the rare examples of this architecture in the south of the country. Its interior filled with sacred art is quite interesting, with the main altarpiece in masonry and a dome decorated with classic figures.